Thursday, June 6, 2013

If you knew my cousins...you'd understand

      Okay so let's start with cousins 1, 2, and 3. My aunt had a brilliant idea and decided to name all three of her boys with a name that begins with A. This resulted in my cousins being called 1, 2, and 3 (especially when my father is speaking). Number 1 is a computer genius and I have to love him for a while because he got me a computer--wasn't that nice? Number 2 who has a running joke with me that he is my twin even though he's six months older (he holds this over me a lot). He's probably the cousin I'm closest too. We end up doing pretty much everything together and as I'm writing this my Aunt is shopping for a party for both of us because like everything else--we do everything the same year. Number 2 will graduate high school with me, he'll get his driver's license fourteen days before I can get my temporaries (which I think just isn't fair).

     Number 3 merits his own paragraph. I have to admit, this kid annoys me to no end! On the other hand I have to like him. Okay so I don't have to like him but I do. He can be sweet sometimes (just not to cousin Number 2) and generally if he speaks to my brother or I he usually isn't a little devil. However my grandma has said that he wasn't held under long enough when he was baptized.

     Now let me add this to something for you to think about--the only cousins that live in Ohio with me are all boys. Now you feel for me.

     I have three girl cousins, one who is around my age, another who is a little younger than me and the other is the same age as Number 3. Female cousin number 1 is a little eccentric but polite and generally sweet. She also has a fascination with the color blue and butterflies--got to love her. Female cousin number 2 is absolutely obsessed with Taylor Swift, she actually gave up Taylor Swift for Lent. And Female cousin number 3 who is adorable, completely sweet (except when I'm training her) and helped me with an egg hunt on Easter. And yes she helped me, not the other way around.

     Then there's my only cousin on my mother's side that's actually older than my brother. and he's pretty cool. He's already engaged and plays a card game I love but suck at--Magic the Gathering. There's also my youngest cousin who is autistic and Female cousins 2 and 3's little brother who is absolutely obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine.

     Now you understand. And that's the shortened version of my cousins. They're actually much more...amusing and different and flat-out weird for that matter. Oh and that's just my mom's side of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment