Thursday, January 30, 2014

Perfect on the Outside

Sometimes I wonder what I've done.
Why me?
What did I do, to deserve all of this?
It's actually quite often I want to run,
Run,
To run from my fears
And the judgmental gazes of my peers.
*
I hate to look into a mirror,
Lake, river or pond.
 If I can see the ripples of my reflections,
In the clear, cool surfaces,
Suddenly, I feel suffocated.
*
Those ripples clearly show everything I've done,
Everything,
All the things I've seen.
Ripples that clearly remind me:
My life is a desperate play,
Acts filled with drama and dreams,
Scene after scene of humiliation and pain.
*
I act for the director, the play write,
And the puppeteer
Who is holding my strings.
I do as I am told,
and live for all but myself.
*
Sometimes I wonder what I've done.
When all my life does is scream;
COMPLICATION!
When the ripples are suddenly:
WAVES!
When my heart is shredded into:
PIECES!
And my past is risen from it's:
GRAVE!
*
A life that is barely lived.
A life so fake it is clear.
A life lived for others, for fear of disappointing.
A life lived to make others proud.
A life wasted.
*
The ripples fuel my urge to run.
And though I want to cowed;
To show my true colors,
To be me.
 I still stand.
I still stand and lie.
I still act.

No comments:

Post a Comment